Shan (Sherman) JIANG
Mr. Jiang joined law school of University of International Business and Economics in 2013 and is now a Professor, PhD Supervisor, at the same time a Senior Researcher of Competition Law Center.
Mr. Jiang holds a Ph.D in UIBE specializing in competition law, and he has been a Fulbright Fellow (2009-2010) in Georgetown Law Center during his study. After finished his Ph.D program, he conducted Post-doc research in School of Public Policy and Management of Tsinghua University focusing on innovation policy and competition policy. During 2018-2019, he worked as a Fulbright Research Scholar in Law School, University of Pennsylvania. His research areas include: Competition Law, Regulatory Law, Competition Policy and Innovation Policy.
1. On the Normative Form and Efficacy Essence of Anti-monopoly Guidelines, Journal of Social Science, 01/2023.
2. On the Hierarchical Structure of Fair Competition Review System’s Juridification, Business and Economic Law Review, 05/2022.
3. The Life and Death of American Antitrust Movement, Dushu, 7/2022.
4. Reflection on the Methodology and Ideology of US Anti-monopoly Regulation in Digital Market, International Economic Review, 6/2021.
5. Due Process in Antitrust Enforcement: Normative and Comparative Perspectives, Southern California Law Review, Vol. 94 (2021) (With Christopher Yoo, Thomas Fetzer and Yong Huang).
6. Normative Identification of Concerted Practice Under Anti-Monopoly Law, Studies in Law and Business, 5/2021.
7. On the Antimonopoly Regulation of Hub-and-Spoke Agreements, Social Science Research, 4/2021.
8. Rules and Standards in Antimonopoly Legal Norms, Global Law Review, 3/2021.
10. The Transformation of Standardization Strategy in China: Comparing with EU Standardization Practice, Journal of Social Science, 06/2020.
11. On the Anti-Monopoly Regulation of Non-Price Vertical Restraints, Science of Law, 1/2020.
12. Paradigm Shift on the Discovery of Cartel in the Context of Big Data, Contemporary Law Review, 2/2019.
13. On the Knowledge Transformation and Methodological Reconstruction of Anti-monopoly Law Interpretation, Modern Law Science, 6/2018.
14. On the Anti-Monopoly Regulation of Agreement Type Joint Ventures, Global Law Review, 6/2017.
15. On the Anti-Monopoly Regulation of Information Sharing Arrangement, Price Theory and Practice, 8/2016.
16. The Government Investor in Foreign Investment National Security Review: An Analysis Based on FIRB Review, International Economic Cooperation, 6/2016;
17. Resale Price Maintenance in China: An Economic Perspective, Journal of Antitrust Enforcement (OUP), 2015 (With Daniel Sokol).
18. On the Legal Construction of Foreign Investment National Security Review in China, Modern Law Science, 5/2015.
19. On the Development of Leniency Program in Anti-Monopoly Law: An Extended Discussion based on Australia Rules, Price Theory and Practice, 6/2015.
20. On The Legal Construction of Regulation and Competition in China’s Petroleum Industry: A Policy Integration Perspective, Contemporary Law Review, 6/2014.
21. On the Development Logic of Exterritorial Institution of U.S Antitrust Law, International Commercial Law Review (Volume 12), Law Press, 2014.
22. On the Anti-monopoly Law Regulation of Cooperative Innovation of Joint Venture, Oriental Law, 2/2014 (With Jun Su).
23. On the Concentration Control to Joint Venture in China, Law Science Magazine, 10/2012 (With Yong Huang).
24. The Critical Asset in Canadian “Investment and National Security” Review: An Analysis Based on Investment Canada Act, International Economic Cooperation, 1/2013;
25. The Critical Technology in Foreign Investment National Security Review: An Analysis Based on CFIUS Review, International Economic Cooperation, 6/2012;
26. Thirty Years of PRC Anti-monopoly Law under ‘State-Market Yardstick: From Retrospective and Prospective Viewpoints’, in The Development and Perspectives of Competition Law (ASCOLA Competition Law), Edward Elgar Pub (2010) (With Yong Huang).
27. China’s 2007 Anti-Monopoly Law: Competition and the Chinese Petroleum Industry, Energy Law Journal (Energy Bar Association), Volume 31, No. 2 (2010) (With Yong Huang, Diana L. Moss, Randy M. Stutz).
28. On the Essential Facility Doctrine under the Abuse of Dominance Position Regulation: its implication for China’s AML, Journal of Henan Administrative Institute of Politics and Law, 6/2008.
29. An Outline of the Cultural Dimension of AML’s Implementation: Competition Culture, Litigation Culture and Rights Culture, Jiangxi Social Sciences, 7/2008 (With Yong Huang).
1. The Policy Choice and Legal Governance in Industrial Development: Competition Law and Beyond, Law Press, Beijing, 2016.
2. The Interpretation of Anti-monopoly Law, Law Press, Beijing, Forthcoming.
C. Translation Works
1. Federal Antitrust Policy (Chapter5, 17-21), Herbert Hovenkamp, Law Press, Beijing, 2010 (With Xu Guangyao and Wang Chen).
2. Antitrust Policy: A Century of Economic and Legal Thinking, William E. Kovacic and Shapiro, in Wu Jinglian ed., Comparative Studies (Vol. 39), 2008.
3. The Rationalization of Antitrust, Herbert Hovenkamp, in Wang Yanlin ed., Competition Law Review (Vol.1), 2005.